Trail Animal Hospital was founded and built in 1957 by Dr. Stoddard, as his primary residence and animal hospital. His wife was the head receptionist and technician. In 1967, our beloved, Dr. Perry Smith, purchased the animal hospital from Dr. Stoddard. Dr. Smith expanded the animal hospital from 1500sqft to its current size of 2300sqft and converted the residence to a full time animal hospital. He served his clients thoughtfully and compassionately for 42 years. In 2008 with a promissory note and a hand shake he allowed Dr. Lista to carry on his legacy at Trail Animal Hospital.